Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Monday, December 1, 2008

Random

Random stuff today.

First. I really love having time off. I love catching up on home projects -- or just reading a book. You know how long it's been since I've sat down with a book? I know. Late July. And basically - late July/Early August when we go to Hilton Head and I sit on the beach for a week (or the travel time in the car) is the only time I seem to have time to read. But this 4 day weekend, I picked up a book. I would do a "chore" then reward myself with a chapter. Soon, I decided I deserved to just sit and read. It was awesome. We had a fire in the fire place, and Ryan had apple cider in the crock pot - it made the house smell sooooo good ... it was very cozy.

I'm reading Twilight.
TOTALLY NOT a book I would have chosen for myself. I had heard the premise ... and the hype. And it's just not something I've ever been interested in. The whole Vampire thing has never been a draw for me - in TV/Movies or books. But one of Ryan's co-workers gave it to him and insisted he make me read it. And weirdly - on the very same day -- I watched as someone did that to one of my co-workers. She started reading it and told me the next day she was up 'til 3am because she couldn't put it down. I was still resistant. I finally picked it up Sunday. And putting it down is hard. It IS kind of a teeny-bopper book - but it's still addicting. So, I'm now one of THOSE people reading THAT book. And I LIKE it.

Switching gears ... I've almost got all the Christmas decorations up. It's nice to do it in stages, rather than all at once with the tree like I normally do. We'll get a tree next weekend. I'm off today - and can't wait 'til Kyle gets on the bus. I'm going to try to get Nick down for a nap and either take a nap myself, get some stuff done, or just read!

I love this time of year. I wish I could take all of December off so I could just soak it in. I love just enjoying the season. I love going to Cmas parties and shows. We saw Trans Siberian Orchestra Saturday. It was something else. Lots of lights and pyrotechnics. Pretty wild - and we enjoyed it. Later in the month we'll go to "Rockettes Christmas."

Well, that's enough random for now.
I have a book to read!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I haven't read a book in so long. I heard that was a really good movie. See you this weekend :)

Lisa said...

Totally jealous. Except for the Twilight part. I refuse to be sucked in. Refuse. :)