Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Then I was touched when the coach DID sit him down, and put his hands on Jack's shoulders and talked to him for so long, the asst. coach had to come over and tell Coach to get back in the game. I appreciated that. Jack's coach is such a good guy. He is so lucky.
Anyway, Jack steeled himself, and played again without the visible tears. Then after the game ... when all the parents lined up to make the "tunnel" the kids run through (isn't that cool?)...I could see his red eyes, and that he was trying to hold his tears in.
Then I headed for our stuff ... so Ryan could go listen to coach talking to the kids after the game...and I looked back and saw that picture: Jack with his head on Ryan's shoulder. I only snapped one shot. I didn't want to intrude on the moment. Ryan says Jack sobbed as soon as daddy hugged him. I was still feeling edgy about my "not tough" kid.
Then it was medal time. The kids all got real nice medals -- for their big second place accomplishment. And as the coach handed them out, he said something nice about each kid and we applauded. When he got to Jack, he talked about Jack's big heart. And that struck me. A big heart. What mom wouldn't be proud of that? My kid is passionate about something. That's a good thing. That's my boy.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
So .... I won't be around as much. I may Twitter - because that takes like 2 seconds.
But no worries ... I'm just entrenched in sweeps for the next month.
(Updates will happen most often on weekends.)
Monday, April 21, 2008
2. Anxious about a new thing we're training on at work.
5. Hungry...time to make lunch!
1. I could have the week off ...
2. I could find my favorite black sweats. WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY????
3. I had remembered to buy a new curling iron over the weekend
4. I had another hour right now.
5. For a "peaceful" Monday. Once you get past Monday, you can make it.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
And today: I was given the gift of time. My darling husband arranged it so I'd have the morning to myself. I could sleep in ... (barking dogs woke me up) ... and then I could do some cleaning around the house I've been wanting to do without my little shadow ... or munchkins messing up all my work. And it is now 10:36 and I have done NOTHING. Bwack!
I came down to the computer at 10am. And I'm still here. Wasting time! It's amazing how you can get sucked into ... oh, I'm gonna check this and this ... and respond to emails with Gore Vidal verbosity. I. Can't. Pull. Myself. Away!
Ok ... time to hit the house....I'll just work faster to make up for lost TIME.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
I didn't have very much to say in my own blog ... I'm kind of groggy this morning (probably because it's so gray outside.) Maybe later.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
(I was told that I appear to have "senioritis" today. Yeah, I'm having trouble focusing. Especially when the temperature on my computer says 74 and I'm cooped up inside.)
2. Consumed. One issue is consuming me and I need to let it go. Let it go! Stop overthinking! I'm a crazy person talking to myself here.
3. Uncomfortable. My shirt is not fitting right and I hate that.
4. Anxious. For the weekend. And warm weather and playing.
5. Heavy case of screen suck. I have GOT to get away from the computer for a LONG period of time.
1. I could play hooky. I wanna go outside and play!!! Waaah!
2. I could veg. Don't feel like working!
3. A project I've been working on would finish itself. I just can't get into it.
4. Everyone saw things my way. (ha ha ha ha)
5. I could take a week off work and not lose any vaca time. Ah to Dream!
My "yahoo" horoscope today:
This is the start of a repositioning period among the people in your social circle. Folks are shifting alliances and old friendship ties are breaking -- but just temporarily speaking. It's perfectly natural for people to want to mix up who they spend their time with, so do not worry that this is the end of something. The strong bonds that hold you all together are all still there, they just might be arranged a little differently for the next few weeks.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I was at the dentist's office today (don't even get me started on that) and I was half-heartedly looking through a "Working Moms" magazine. I came across a spot with quotes...and there was this one quote about;
--If the world around you is spinning and confusing and going nutty -- stand still. You'll find your direction. ---
I get that! I've been bobbing and weaving with some stuff...and sometimes you just need to chill. Stop. Wait. And Voila -- the answer/direction/peace. I was meant to come across that quote.
Something else I was meant to see ... Awhile back I did a google search on "Managing Up" and came across this blog. It has all sorts of helpful stuff I can apply in the workplace...interesting perspectives. And this blog entry in particular spoke to me. I could have done w/out the gross foot fungus ... but that's how she made her point. And I TOTALLY do this. Do you?
Sunday, April 13, 2008
I'm starting fresh...and looking forward to the warm up.
The Five: (It's back!)
2. Full (yummy dinner tonight!)
3. At Peace
4. Slowly feeling reenergized.
5. Happy my husband is just hanging out down here because I'm down here. That's nice.
1. Wish I had my slippers on....my feet are cold.
2. Wish it was earlier ... hate that the weekend is almost over. Love my weekends.
3. Wish this blog didn't waste so much space on either side and I could figure out how to make the middle part stretch out more.
4. Wish I could find a new desk I'm happy with...this one's got to go.
5. Wish, hope, for an uneventful and easy week.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
BUT. Severe weather is in the forecast. That could send me RIGHT OVER THE EDGE.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
I'm tired of trying so hard to help people get better...and still being the bad guy. I'm tired of seeing the same mistakes over and over. I'm tired of being told the same thing, and not being given the tools to fix x, y, or z. I'm tired of being the bad guy. Yeah, I said that already once, but it's starting to get to me.
I'm tired of not having time to myself. Getting up earlier than my body can function.
I'm tired of doing extra for nothing.
I'm tired of how I look, but too tired to do anything about it. I think I last got a haircut in January. It looks bad.
And now I'm tired of blogging.