Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Sunday, January 25, 2009

All RIGHT Already

Maricar's been pestering me to blog.  It's not enough that I wrote a big ol' long thing in my Facebook .... nooooo .... I have to blog too.  

Let's see .. things I love right now:  
1.  Guitar Hero.  I seriously can NOT stop playing it.  When I first tried it, I tried it on Jack's DS and thought it was stupid.  (read; too hard)  Then we got it on Wii - and it was still hard, but I finally figured it out ... and it really does feel like you are jamming.  The only thing - I feel a LITTLE bad that I'm rockin' out to Beastie Boys and they're yelling something about "in the back skeezin' a whore" and "autograph pictures of classy hoes."  I try hard not to sing along when the boys are around.  

2.  Fires in the fireplace.  The smell, the warmth, the crackle....

3.  Sweat pants. No bra.

4.  Sunday and we AINT. GOIN'. NO WHERE.  My apologies to God, we're missing church A-GAIN...but He knows me ... and knows not being in church doesn't mean we're not connected.  But yes, we'll get in the habit again.  Probably when those 9am Saturday basketball games go away.  

5.  I am seriously loving that Nick is no longer in a car seat with the buckling and annoying stuff.  He's been approved to move up into booster.  Which means, soon, all three will be buckling themselves in.  LOVE THAT.  I hate all the rigamarole with car seats.   I think it's another one of the many signs you are done having children - excited about milestones like this.  I also love that he's now in a clean seat.  Give that a week.

6.  I love that February is almost here ... and spring will be just around the corner.  Whoot Whoot!

7.  I love that all my scrapbook stuff is now organized and in one place .. now I just need to GET. TO. IT.  Maybe today.   Hell, I might already be on track to do it, if I had not stopped to BLOG.

HA.

8.  I'm thankful for friends to nag me to blog.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well it's about damn time :)

Totally jealous of #2....wish our fireplace was workable.

Cassie said...

oooh...I can't wait until my son can buckle himself in! Love your blog!