Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Friday, July 17, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Seriously.
So, no, I don't blog much these days. I'm just really busy - and in the summer, if I'm home, I'm NOT in front of the computer. You can still get quickie updates by watching the Twitter feed at the top of my blog ... I can do that from my phone and any computer .. and the quickie nature of it is perfect. You still get an idea what I'm up to. By the way - if you really "get" Twitter - many of my posts are also at @EPKCTV ... that's my "work" account.

Anyway, as usual, I digress. The other thing that is updated weekly on the top of my blog is my weight loss progress. Yep, that little jogger dude is moving. Today's weigh-in made me so happy -- my goal is SO in sight. It's taken since JANUARY but that crud is coming off. And I really think the way I'm doing it is going to KEEP it off. Today, I'm down 33.4 pounds. The number I saw on the scale was one I had not seen since baby number 2. And goal number one is SO attainable now - only about 12 pounds to go. EASY.

I've decided I'm going to "reward" myself with a personal trainer. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a great reward. But once I meet my first goal ... It will be more about getting in shape and peeling off weight to get me to my "ideal" weight .. rather than "Holy crap you are disgusting and should not be seen in public - fix this now!" And I'd rather go to a personal trainer with a nice starting point ... and I think by the time I hit this first goal, kids will be back to school - and I'll be able to go work out -- which I really have NOT been doing now. Imagine how great this could be if I had some more physical activity??? Even just walking!?!

So yes, this is my quote for this stage in my life. "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" ..don't like someone at work, wait 'em out ... they'll do themselves in ... want something for your home? Slowly save and make it happen ... rushing into things just gets you in trouble. (Sudden weight loss = gaining it back and then some, Arguing with difficult people=gets you no where but in a bad light, and impulse buying puts you in a tight spot when you NEED something important.)

So .. there's a quick update. I'll try to do one on the kids and family life etc soon (ha!).
But now, I'm gonna go out and water my flowers ... slow & steady.

1 comment:

Kristin Michelle said...

very impressed with your weight loss Kelly!!!! and I love your "slow and steady wins the race", I think reaching your goal is going to be a lot easier on you with that attitude!!!!