Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

I love the Fourth of July.  It brings everyone out of their homes ... outside ... to wave to neighbors and enjoy the day.  Picnics...swimming...small neighborhood fireworks...and large community displays.  Everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves.

We started the day at Lowe's.  That's pretty All-American right? We bought some new light fixtures for the house ... which by the way, is pretty patriotic looking now with it's new paint ... "Distance" (Old Blue) ... with "White Duck" (Cream trim) and "Red Bay" on the door.  Our new flag ties it altogether ... just in time for the 4th.  

Then we spent 3 hours at the pool!  We took a picnic lunch there and just relaxed.  We've all got some sun now.  

Then we went to Ryan's brother's house for a BBQ.  Yummy food and fun with family.  After that we all headed over to Legacy park for the big show.  It was great.  All the kids had fun ... and the night was perfect.  Perfect temperature, not muggy, no bugs...perfect.
G0d Bless America.
 

4 comments:

Kristin Michelle said...

love the colors...but it reminds me of something...blue and red...hhuummm why does that sound so familiar...oh yeah...are you a jayhawk now?!

seriously i love the new look!

KELLY said...

Ugh. My son kept complaining about that too. I told him -- Jaybirds are ROYAL blue and Crimson. Not the same. I'm gonna have to buy one of those big engraved rocks or something with MU on it.

Shawn said...

It is so pretty! I love that color of blue! New paint rocks! Not in the jayhawk way though :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great and made me smile. I love the one of Nick and all the swimming intertubes! And the one of him jumping to you in the pool. The boys are getting so big!

The house looks wonderful! I'm glad I checked out your blog or I might not have recognized it the next time I have to babysit! ;)
Dana