Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Friday, February 20, 2009

Seriously?

So, I had lost my first 10 pounds and rewarded myself with this new raincoat. I LOVE it. My husband saw it and backed away -- not a fan I guess. (Rolling eyes.) But I not only bought the jacket -- I bought a matching umbrella and ..... this hat. (I considered the knee high rubber boots that are all the rage too, but resisted.) Ok, so that hat. The model was wearing it in the picture - and it looked so cute. But, she must have had like a cantalope on top of her head or something. Because, no matter HOW I put it on -- this is what I get. So, it's either made for Marge Simpson ... or that dude from Fat Albert, and I need eye holes.

Ryan flipped up the bottom flaps ... and it looks more like a sailor hat. He liked that, but I'm not sure. That's NOT how the model had it on. And if I try to shift it back a bit, like a jaunty hat, or up and back, it just falls back down again and I'm blind.

Oh well. I'll figure something out. And by the way - today I'm celebrating hitting a 15 pound weightloss. Maybe I'll reward myself with a cantalope.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is seriously cute--I thought it was a magazine ad at first. Proud of you for your weight loss--way to go!!!

Lisa said...

This is seriously cute--I thought it was a magazine ad at first. Proud of you for your weight loss--way to go!!!

Contessa Kris said...

Congrats on the loss! I love the hat and coat! I really need to get back on the weightloss wagon myself. Going to check out the link you posted on Twitter. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Kelly you are a scrapper not sure if you are a seamstress but you could pull it up in the middle and alter with a ribbon or such if you did not like the fold in the middle. WTG on the weight loss!! Keep it up you are WORTH it!!!

Dana T.