Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fun Day

Today has been great. Really. Hard to believe I'm saying that with 6.5 inches of snow on the ground. But is has been.

Got up at 8am to watch our snow coverage. I'm on call, so I needed to be on top of it - make sure we were "owning" weather. Show was good. I laid around a little longer, and it wasn't too bad to get up at 8.

Ryan made pancakes - they really hit the spot, then we kind of just laid around a little longer. We had NOTHING in our cabinets -- and really needed to replenish, so Ryan ventured out for a big grocery hit ... and the boys and I lugged out ALL the Play-doh. And they've got quite a collection. We played Play-doh for about 2 hours ... and everyone enjoyed it! I took several pics of them creating and just enjoying us all together in an activity.
After lunch we all put on our winter clothes and snow suits and headed outside. We got the sleds out and the boys all did some sledding down the perfectly sized hill in our front yard. Jack, who never wants to come out to play in the snow, had some new snow pants and actually had some fun. Yes, he was the first to go in, but he stayed out much longer than he usually does.

We then came in -- the house smelled GREAT from the roast Ryan had going in the stove. We made hot chocolate for everyone -- with colored marshmellows and enjoyed that and a big fire to warm up.

Later, we all sat down for a FABULOUS dinner. And now I'm downstairs tinkering with my scrap stuff .. hoping to scrap .. but mostly just organizing. Well, honestly I keep playing around on the computer (obviously) ... but still. I got my website up playing my FAVE songs and am just really enjoying this great snow day. And the evening still awaits!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great day! (And a great blog... I accidentally hit 'next blog' at the top of mine, and {pow!} there you were. Kudos on an all-around amazing day (despite the snow!) You make it look easy.
(www.jennysdailyblessings.blogspot.com)

Shawn said...

We love playdoh you need to try and make some koolaid playdoh sometime it's so much funn! Love your snow pics and that you're blogging! :)