Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blog Challenge

Congratulations! You've won 50,000!
Oh, but there's a catch. You must spend every penny of it within 2 days.
What do you buy?

Ok .. seriously - no dreaming, this is what would happen.
It will go fast.
---I'd tithe 1/10th to the church.
---Pay off debts.
---We need (have to) to paint the house...and I'd like to replace some fixtures/lights and re-paint the deck and put cement of some sort under the deck and work on landscaping. (Since we have to spend this in 2 days -- we'd set up the paint job, pay in advance and make a long trip to home depot!)
New spring/summer clothes/shoes/sandals for everyone!
We'd advance pay a Disney World trip for the family (and include Popaw and Grandma Hicks) and a return to Jamaica trip for just me and Ryan.

Hmm....by my estimation...there's still money left!  So...we'd get the bedroom set we need ... the extra HD TV we've been talking about -- with surround sound...oh oh -- I'd get the RED slim laptop I've been drooling over...a new "family" computer...a new desk for downstairs.  OH - I'd buy that cool scrap closet thing...and I think that would go through the money.

It's nice to, for once, have to really THINK about how to spend - and move into the "wants" pretty quickly after the "needs."  We're blessed, and I don't take that for granted.

No comments: