Quote of the Week

"We Must be Willing to Give Up the Life We Have Planned, So As to Have the Life that is Waiting for Us."
-Joseph Campbell
Week of Aug 12, 2013




Saturday, March 5, 2011

4....Time 4 Resting.

In case you are wondering - today is a 4. Sometimes 5, but mostly 4. Woke up at a 7, but back down to 4. Not bad. Tired.

Happy after meeting with neighbors to talk about Spring Break trip. (Um, I'm not even CONSIDERING that this is going to mess up our trip - so don't bring it up.) We had a nice evening last night - you might call it a practice "evening" for the dads...us moms were being responsible. Well, I sorta had to. But anyway, our families laughing together, making lists and hearing about the beach and doing nothing really lifted my spirits. Great distraction. I have something to look forward to that sort of jumps over this other thing. That is good.

I will focus on the good. Like, how many times have I asked God; "Hey, could I just have a couple days to sleep? Just sleep." Well, he gave them to me. The idea when I prayed it was that the rest of the world would just stop so I didn't miss anything or get behind, but I better take what I can get, right?

I'm trying really hard to rest. But it is so not my nature. I think, I can go do laundry, I can pick up this or that - I think - this "free time" is wasting; I need to DO something constructive with it. But Ryan intervenes. I'm trying to learn to let it go. Drugs help. ( :

Letting it go today. Letting it go.

No comments: